UBCO Guest Accommodation
Conferences and Accommodation is looking forward to welcoming guests again this summer! We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking extraordinary measures to ensure the safety of our guests and staff.
We have the following safety measures in place, acknowledging that our plan might have to change as we follow the BCCDC, the Government of BC and UBC’s Health and Safety directions:
- All staff are required to monitor their health daily and stay home when showing any flu-like/COVID-19 symptoms.
- All staff will practice regular handwashing/disinfecting.
- All residence buildings will have a hand sanitizer station at the entrance.
- All common area high touch points will be disinfected regularly.
Front Desk Area
- Plexiglass shields are installed to maintain a 2-metre distance between staff and guests.
- A key drop-off box is installed, and keys will be disinfected before re-use.
- Hand sanitizing station is set-up and available to guests.
- Thorough cleaning protocols are implemented in guest rooms: the room, dishes, appliances, linens and all touch points, for example, faucets, door handles, light switches, thermostats, and hangers will be cleaned with chemicals aimed at killing COVID-19.
- Single item soaps and shampoo/conditioner are used.
Campus Meeting Venues:
- All attendees are required to monitor their health daily and stay home or in their accommodations when showing any flu-like/COVID-19 symptoms. Group Organizers are responsible for communicating this information to attendees.